The Victorian Government recently announced a new support package of cash grants, tax relief and cash flow support for Victorian businesses. The new measures include:
- Extension of the Government’s Business Support Fund providing a third round of grants of $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000, depending on size, to eligible businesses with a payroll of up to $10 million.
- A Licensed Venue Fund providing grants between $10,000 and $30,000, based on venue capacity and location, for licensed venues.
- A Sole Trader Support Fund providing grants of up to $3,000 to over $30,000 to eligible sole traders who operate from a commercial premises or location as a tenant.
- Grants of up to $20,000 to businesses in alpine resorts.
- A liquor license fee waiver for 2021.
- The deferral of payroll tax for businesses with payrolls up to $10 million for the 2020-2021 financial year.
- The 50 per cent stamp duty discount for commercial and industrial property across regional Victoria will apply earlier, from 1 January 2021.
- Vacant Residential Land Tax will be waived for properties that are vacant in 2020.
- Further money has been allocated to the Click for Vic campaign designed to assist small producers boost sales.
Further details are expected over the next week and as more information is provided we will update our website. Please be aware the grant application for the Business Support Fund will be available on the Business Victoria website from Friday 18 September: www.business.vic.gov.au